The IE/WSN-PA LINK is a WirelessHART gateway for connecting a WirelessHART network to a higher-level system, e.g. a process control system or maintenance station. The integrated network manager allows easy configuration
of WirelessHART networks as well as optimization of the network performance and security settings.
The IE/WSN-PA LINK connects wireless HART field devices to Industrial Ethernet via a radio link. The IE/WSN-PA LINK supports the WirelessHART standard at the radio end and TCP/IP and Modbus TCP communication at the Ethernet end.
The IE/WSN-PA LINK thus allows wireless diagnostics, maintenance, and process monitoring.
- High degree of security for wireless data communication
- Open TCP/IP communication
- Open standardized user interface through HART
- OPC-Server der HART Communication Foundation
- Easy configuring and monitoring of networks with web interface
- Connection of up to 100 WirelessHART devices
- Easy connection to SIMATIC PCS 7, SIMATIC S7, and host systems from other manufacturers
- Optional: remote antenna
- Installation in hazardous areas Zone 2 is possible
- Enclosure with IP65 degree of protection
- Numerous possible solutions for connecting field devices in the process industry due to alternative or supplemental WirelessHART communication
- Reliable data transmission due to meshed systems
- Obstructions in the transmission path can be bypassed thanks to the self-organizational network with alternative paths
- Reduced cabling costs in the case of difficult installation conditions, e.g. when field devices are at locations in the plant that are difficult to access or are only required temporarily
- Sensors can be added later to improve process monitoring and for implementing maintenance tasks
- Existing wireless measuring transducers can be subsequently integrated into maintenance and diagnostics systems
- Limited monitoring using web services and the integrated web server of the IE/WSN-PA LINK is possible without add-on software